A Complete UAV Mapping Solution that Cuts Cost,
Saves Time, and Pushes Limits – without GCPs
Conquer large surveying or mapping projects in a fraction of the time and master your geospatial data by putting direct georeferencing to work for you.
mdMapper1000DG is a true game changer. With this aerial surveying solution, you’ll achieve the highest level of data accuracy currently possible, cover more ground in one flight, use less people and equipment on jobs – all without using ground control points.
Significantly reduce your time spent on projects. Deliver unparalleled data quality. Become invaluable to your clients’ success.
You may have heard that RTK and PPK are the best aerial mapping technologies. That’s because they were – back in the 80s and 90s.
Today, direct georeferencing is the most advanced technology available. But that doesn’t make it a luxury option. Direct georeferencing makes sense for pretty much any customer because it will pay for itself quickly and provide your business with dramatic cost savings over time.
With DG, you won’t need to install any ground control points (unless you want to install 1 or 2 to check your work later for quality control). You’ll collect your images and post-process in a fraction of the time. Your projects will require less people and equipment. You’ll safely tackle mapping jobs in dangerous locations.
Most important, you’ll deliver the best possible accuracy on projects where human safety and your reputation is on the line.
There’s a lot of science and math behind all of this that we’d love to share. If you’d like to learn more about the power of direct georeferencing, e-mail our UAV experts at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The mdMapper1000DG difference is dramatic. mdMapper1000DG:
- Eliminates your need to install GCPs while meeting the most precise data requirements.
- Allows you to perform corridor mapping, thanks to an on-board IMU that measures orientation angles. RTK, PPK, and conventional aerial surveying methods do not measure these angles so corridor mapping becomes a major operational and logistical challenge.
- Allows you to safely access dangerous or hard-to-reach locations.
- Drastically reduces time spent on post-processing and data collection, thanks to an impressively decreased side lap and many other elements.
- Further improves your efficiency with industry-leading flight times and resilience against harsh environmental conditions.
- Reduces overlap and sidelap. With other methods, 80 x 80 is a must. With DG, you can achieve 80 x 40 overlap and 60 x 40 sidelap. Translation: it slashes the time you spend on projects.
- Allows you to measure the 6 parameters necessary for image georeferencing, where conventional surveying methods, RTK, and PPK rely on computing all or some of these values. (Computing requires more info, people, work, time, and cost – and produces far less accurate results. Measure = better.)
- Can fly in tunnels or under structures without losing the signal.
- Lets you complete your projects with less people, time and equipment.
- Can cover up to 198 acres (80 hectares) in one flight.
- Allows you to confidently bid on international projects. With international projects, there are bound to be challenging unforeseen constraints that impact access. DG lets you rise above and protect your investment in the project.
- Lets you check your work for quality control purposes, which isn’t possible with RTK and conventional surveying methods.
mdMapper1000DG is an advanced aerial photogrammetry package that can be used for a wide variety of applications, but the most common uses are:
Robust, Powerful, Stable and Dependable. Build your business on this versatile platform.
Sony rx1rii & Mount
42.4 megapixel camera paired with a custom, lightweight, vibration-free, nadir mount to capture the images you need.
Applanix APX-15-L UAV
Compact single-board module with survey-grade GNSS receiver and a precisely calibrated IMU for mapping.
Charger & Flight Battery
Smart batteries and charging for maximum flight endurance
Digital Data Link
Conveniently connect your microdrones UAV to your digital devices.
Proven, professional controls and telemetry keep you in control when you need it most.
GNSS-Aided Inertial Post-Processing software helps transform your data into useful information
mdCockpit Tablet Software
Simple swipes of the finger help you plan your survey area and monitor progress in flight on your Android tablet.
Rugged Carrying Case
Bring your microdrones UAV to tackle missions in the toughest corners of the Earth.
Become an expert at flying and maintaining your platform, to ensure many years of successful use.
|Flight Parameters||Area Covered (@120m)||30 ha. (74 ac.)||60 ha. (148 ac.)||80 ha (198 ac.)|
|Camera model||Sony W830||Sony α6300||Sony RX1RII|
|Imagery format||JPEG||RAW + JPEG||RAW + JPEG|
|G.S.D. cm/pixel (@120m)||3.2 cm||2.4 cm||1.6 cm|
|Overlaps (front/side)||80% / 60%||80% / 60%||60% / 40%|
|Post-Processing||Method||Aerial Triangulation||Aerial Triangulation||Optimized Aerial Triangulation / GNSS-Inertial Solution|
|Orientation||Calculated during the A.T.||Calculated during the A.T.||High precision Sensor (INS)|
|Position||GNSS UAV||GNSS UAV||High precision Sensor (GNSS)|
|Accuracy||2.5cm (X,Y) and 5 cm (Z) with GCP||2.5cm (X,Y) and 5 cm (Z) with GCP||2.5cm (X,Y) and 5 cm (Z) without GCP|
|Advantages||Small area mapping||Large area mapping||