It’s been a high-flying year for Microdrones!
As we prepare to bring 2016 to a close, we wanted to take a look back at the highlights of the year. All of these great developments will help us provide exceptional solutions and service to customers in 2017:
- We partnered with Trimble– and became their preferred provider of quadcopter UAVs. In 2017, it will be easier than ever for geospatial and construction customers to get their hands on our unmanned aerial solutions.
- We released 4 mdMapper packages. These turn-key packages have everything professionals need to get started with aerial surveying, mapping, volumetrics, construction, inspection, precision agriculture monitoring, and other geospatial applications. You can even take your operations to the next level with direct georeferencing. We’re proud to give our customers these outstanding tools to make better business decisions.
- We’re partnering with Delair-Tech. The Microdrones-Delair-Tech partnership comprises the world’s largest research and development force focused on providing commercial UAV solutions. Together, we will provide a complete line of advanced professional UAV solutions. From fixed wing to quadcopter, small to large, with a variety of specifications and integrations, this line of solutions will include any aerial solution a professional might need on the job. Plus, these solutions will eventually all use the same software, ground equipment, and payloads, making training and daily operation even simpler for those who use and sell them.
- We expanded into North America. We now have offices in Vaudreuil, Canada and Rome, New York! We’ve also added personnel in the Western United States and Mexico to better serve customers in those regions.
- We doubled the size of our company and we continue to build our teams. We have a full force of experts advancing our technologies, sales people ready to serve customers, and a communications team dedicated to providing helpful information for customers and for those who are considering making drones a part of their business.
- The impressive md4-3000 is here! The biggest of our aircraft, md4-3000 boasts exceptionally long flight times and a payload capacity up to 11 pounds. Like all Microdrones UAVs, this drone performs well when faced with environmental challenges. It can be purchased alone or as part of the mdMapper3000DG package.
- We released the new mdCockpit app. Our software team recently released the latest version of the mdCockpit app. If you’re not currently using the app, 2017 is a great time to start! This app allows you to easily plan, monitor, adjust, and analyze missions from your Android tablet. If you’ve already been using it, you’ll appreciate the many updates. Note: Be sure to download the latest Firmware if you haven’t already before downloading the new mdCockpit app.
- mdGeoTagger will simplify daily processes for many. mdGeotagger is a simple and flexible post-workflow tool that lets users quickly fetch their flight logs via Bluetooth, tag photos, and review the overall quality of their flight.
- We successfully performed a water rescue simulation.Professionals who use UAVs for work know that they can dramatically improve safety and efficiency on the job. Our widely covered water rescue simulation made waves on the internet for demonstrating to the general public how drones are making the world a safer place.
- Satisfied customers. Our greatest and most satisfying accomplishment as an organization is the positive feedback we receive from customers who have improved their efficiency, safety, and profitability with Microdrones UAVs. This letter was legendary.
“All of this was made possible by the incredible group of individuals that is Microdrones,” said Vivien Hériard Dubreuil, Microdrones President. “I want to thank every Microdrones team member for their hard work, tireless energy, innovation, focus, positivity, and dedication to finding solutions. That is the spirit that exemplifies Microdrones and that spirit is the key to our success. There is no better team to take on the challenges of this market and provide the best possible solutions to meet the needs of our customers.”
Microdrones would like to thank all of our team members and customers for such a great year! We can all look forward to bigger and greater things in 2017.
We wish you, your family, and friends a very Happy New Year!!